Cover Off

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Cover Off

Post by Gazza »

Hi Guys,

I couldn't take it anymore so it was off with the covers yesterday

Unfortunately i wanted to take them off as i had a poorly fish from when the boiler packed up and she never made it which was a bit gutting as it was a Tosai i had from the Muppet's Tour in 2008. So the cover come off and i had a good visual over the fish and touch wood they all look OK so fingers crossed all will be OK.

The fish have enjoyed the the sun today and are looking OK (lets hope thats not me thinking they look OK) and i am sure the extra daylight will soon have them getting back ready for some food when it warms up

Is spring on its way ? lets hope so :D :D :D
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: Cover Off

Post by DaveB »

Mine came off last week and the boiler has been on continuous ever since. The sanke I treated last year is looking remarkably well considering what she went through so hopefully she will make a complete recovery this year. Fingers crossed. One or two koi are showing a mark or two but hopefully wont be too much trouble. I will definately have to raise those covers next year and plans are in place. Lets hope we have a long warm summer, when it eventually arrives. Good luck Gazza. Best Regards Dave.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Dave,

Cheers and fingers crossed we have a good summer.

Are your covers on the water then :?:
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by DaveB »

Gazza wrote:Hi Dave,

Cheers and fingers crossed we have a good summer.

Are your covers on the water then :?:
No About a foot above, Its the joists for supporting the covers which are just above the surface. I am in the process of fitting wrought Iron fence around 2/3rds of the pond which will raise the cover an extra foot and do away with the joists. Regards Dave
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Dave,

My cover is i would say less than 12" off the pond and i have my net and a few straps that go across the pond to keep the cover off the water but it does drop down when we get a lot of rain or snow.

I just have a few slits to help the water go through and stop the sagging what is it you think is the problem with yours :?: