MS222

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Graham.
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

MS222

Post by Graham. »

Hi guys I tried some ms222 at 2g per 20 ltr on one of the koi at weekend as needed to check it out. Seemed to take an age to go out. Do you guys prefer the other stuff to ms222 ?

Might just use the ms222 for backup from now on.

Graham
fisherman
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: MS222

Post by fisherman »

Hi Graham
I tend to use 2phenoxyethanol it works fine for me without any problems
Graham.
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Graham. »

Hello Pete hope your well mate.

I have also always used that but just had the MS222 laying about in the koi cabinet so thought lets give it whirl.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Graham,

Some times a fish can seem to take an age to go under and sometimes they go off easy :roll:

I used to have a Showa that one day would go under in no time and next time it would take an age and she was prone to come round early and one time her tail smacked me in the side of the head :shock: and being a 78cm koi made me jump a bit :lol: :lol:

I would keep the MS222 as its good for euthanasia unlike most of the other products on the market.
Koi Man Dave
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Koi Man Dave »

Used to use the Kusri Masuizai found it was ok but MS222 is far better, water temperature seems to affect the timescale as well i have noticed.