new restrictions

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

new restrictions

Post by Duncan »

Hi guys

By way of an explanation, I have recently had a run in with the VMD the vets governing body, for the most part it was about the chemical factory with generic chemicals being sold on a koi web site. That’s part was easy dealt with, I will simply move to the chemicals new domain www.chemicalfactory.co.uk end of story , but not quite.
But what truly shocked me was the amount of evidence they had gleaned from our FORUM!!
They had direct quotes off threads, recommended dose rates and recommended treatments. it clearly demonstrated to me they are looking at forums!!! And forums will become a target for the future
With that I came home and straight away restricted access to content for non members and web search engine Bots. , Bot’s can trawl sites and publish web content even if that site Is restricted, the koi ultra zone has always been “BOT no access” but that applies now to other restricted section.
I did not really want to do this but I think it’s best for us as a body of hobbyists
So you safe in the knowledge all new members will be vetted really well before admittance and Bots can’t trawl any content

Like I say they are now amongst us so let’s put the guards up

dunc
Glenn
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Re: new restrictions

Post by Glenn »

Well done Duncan, nosy bastards

Glenn
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Dunc,

Well we knew it was coming so had to be done mate well done :D
Graham.
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Graham. »

Great news Dunc :)

Graham
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

hi guys

it still came as a shock i have an email off them on my computer with direct copy and pastes from this forum, so they are looking at it, well they was ive cut em off at the knees! :twisted:

dunc
kayoss
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kayoss »

Oh dear!

Where else will vets learn about koi ailments and how to treat them now?? :roll:

Seriously, are the c&p quotes taken directly from this forum - or have they been copied to another site and then spotted by the VMD there?? Have to admit to being guilty of that myself in the past (always giving credit to Duncan for the info of course) but certainly haven't done it since the Dunc's previous load of grief.

Maybe we all need to be far more cautious in future?

Cheers

Bob
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

hi bob

i have no reason to believe these quotes were taken from another site they even had the smilies on them, so let be careful and clever, i have blocked them out the rest is up to us

dunc