Blanket weed treatments

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Dandj
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Blanket weed treatments

Post by Dandj »

Probably 1 for Syd please?
Can someone point me to the posts, links to sites etc that analysed how these treatments worked and what the ingredients were please. I recall reading it somewhere but cant remember where.
I am struggling a bit this year to keep ours controlled and suspect the drum has something to do with it.....possibly by removing a lot of product before it does the job.
Or if anyone has a treatment that works with a drum filter please let me know.
Thanks
Jane
shaz
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: Blanket weed treatments

Post by shaz »

Dont know if this info is of any use to you but i use cloverleaf blanket answer and i swear by it. I have used many different brands but for the last 4 years i have used blanket answer. I am now finding that i only need to use half the dosage (if that) to get rid of the weed. Every year as soon as i see it start to grow on the inner walls i add half the dosage and thats all i do until the next year.
Sharon
Dandj
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Dandj »

yes we have gone back to CBA after Eco gold failed to keep it under control for more than a couple of weeks... but the CBA is also struggling, dose number 3 may well have to go in sooner rather than later - been weekly for the last 2 weeks..... was hoping to get it go a month but I don't think it will.
axolo
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by axolo »

"Can someone point me to the posts, links to sites etc that analysed how these treatments worked and what the ingredients were please. I recall reading it somewhere but cant remember where."

I would also like to read up on how the different (anti-algae) products work, if anyone has a link please share.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

no I don't mate
but I just treated my 400 gallon q pond, I used CBA the tub was just enough for my size pond I just used two desert tea spoon of I on Saturday never mind half dose I used just a fraction of the half dose had loads of the stuff left
looked tonight all the weed gone
dunc
axolo
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by axolo »

any experience with products who use salicylic acid as working substance?